12/7/18

Ice Dyeing Experiments - Batch #2

Working from the high of our last ice dyeing outcome Batch #1 and my expectations are more of a "Deep Sea Mermaid" type of vibe. 

I had hand tied up a bunch of kids stuff, tanks for me an a few table runners & wall hangings to do these ice dyeing batch experiments throughout the month of December. This way if the projects turned out like shit we'd just have shit tie dyes to wear at home lol. Newbie here at Ice Dyeing so this is working out wonderfully and the dyes are so far too, hopefully I can keep it up.

Anyway back to the dyeing...

Colors used:
Sea Glass - Dharma Trading Co. 
Blue Violet - Dharma Trading Co.
Turquoise - Custom Colours


Tied Up

Sprinkled Dye

"Ice Ice Baby"

Melted AF

Needless to say I was really excited to rinse these interesting creations an after 
I did I was well, not expecting what it turned out to be. Who the heck would 
actually know whats gonna happen right?! That's the addicting part of any kind 
of fabric dyeing to me! 🎨 You can do the same design and use the same 
colors but never get the same results.

To tell the truth I was a tish bit disappointed at first but after it washed & dried I was totally getting into the ooak patterns and color combo of these goods. I'm aiming towards a brighter style next time I dye a rainbow. 🌈

What do YOU think?

Deep Sea Mermaid

Fun Fact:
The toddlers tee and socks were gifted to two giveaway winners!

Sadly the dope table runner has a defect in the fabric an I just don't think it's listable for that. I'll more then likely keep it for an Ostara & Easter table runner! Perks of my job, I get to gift or keep all the messed up stuff.


Moon Dyes

🌛👽🌜

Follow @moondyes on: 




No comments:

Post a Comment